Do We Use ‘Cookies’?
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a file containing an identifier that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
- To identify you when you visit our website and as you navigate our
- To help us to determine if you are logged into our
- To store information about your preferences and to personalise the website for
- As an element of the security measures used to protect user accounts, including preventing fraudulent use of login credentials, and to protect our website.
- To help us to display relevant advertisements to our
- To help us to analyse the use and performance of our
- To store your
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser, and from version to version. Blocking all cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites and if you block cookies, you will not be able to use all the features on http://ABooks.co